If you are struggling with mental health or substance abuse problems, then you may be familiar with TMS therapy. This therapy uses magnetic pulses to the brain to help relieve mood disorders. This method of therapy has been around since 1985 and is sometimes a part of drug rehab therapy. If you have considered this therapy option, you may wonder what the benefits of TMS therapy are and if this method is best for you. Let’s explore the benefits of TMS therapy closer. But first, how does TMS therapy work?
What Is TMS Therapy And How Does It Work?
During Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy, a doctor uses an electromagnetic coil on your scalp. The pulses from this magnetic device stimulate the neurons in the part of the brain that deals with your mood. In other words, it helps change the part of your brain that causes depression. Consequently, a person may be less likely to use substances once their depression is alleviated. Mental health and substance abuse are closely linked, and so, when you obtain TMS therapy you may help heal both problems.
What Are The Benefits Of TMS Therapy?
You may be wondering what the benefits of TMS therapy as you consider whether to participate in this treatment method or not. Here are a few of the benefits of TMS therapy:
- Non-invasive — you don’t have to worry about anything going into your body as a part of this therapy, which is a big relief for many people. There is no needle, no surgery, or no procedure that invades your physical well-being
- Drug-free process — some people don’t want to take medications for mental health or substance abuse. They may be concerned about side effects or long-term issues. TMS therapy doesn’t require the use of any medicine
- Works when other methods fail — sometimes other therapies or rehab methods do not work for some people. Or maybe they work but not 100 percent. This method has proven to be successful with many people
- Painless — TMS therapy is virtually painless. You may feel a slight tap but there isn’t any pain or cause for anxiety with this therapy
- May be covered by insurance — begin the insurance verification process to determine whether you will be covered 100 percent
- Fast procedure — participating in TMS therapy only takes a short amount of time to administer whereas traditional therapy usually takes an hour
With all the many benefits of TMS therapy, it’s worth giving it a try.
Welcome to TMS Therapy Now
TMS Therapy Now is a reputable clinic that provides TMS therapy to their clients in a safe manner. Our experienced doctors are trained to administer this therapy to you. Furthermore, during your time in our clinic, you’ll discover our supportive and compassionate doctors and therapists will make your visits comfortable and pleasant. Our goal is to provide healthy solutions for those struggling with substance abuse or mental health problems. By participating in TMS therapy, you will begin the healing journey of a better future. Some of our TMS programs include:
Our healing center is located in South Tampa, Florida for your convenience,
Don’t let substance use or mental health issues take over your happiness in life. Now that you know the benefits of TMS therapy, you can gain the strength and healing to move forward to a brighter future. Contact us at 866.305.7668, and we’ll help you find the pathway to healing.